The best time to do a newborn session is in the first 10 days of your baby being born. I know it’s hard to want to do anything other than just survive that first week, but I promise, you will not regret it! Contact me a few months before you are due to save your due date into my calendar.
- If you are a scheduled C-section or induction, we can just go ahead and schedule the session.
- If baby is in charge of when he/she makes her arrival, then I save a couple session options the week of your due date. You then let me know as soon as your babe is born, and we can get the session scheduled ! Easy as that!
My newborn sessions (either in-home or studio, see more on the differences below) include:
- an array of poses of just baby (including detail shots of feet/hands/eyelashes etc)
- baby with any siblings
- baby with both parents together
- the whole family, if applicable
- baby with each parent separately.
In-home sessions can include the addition of several lifestyle images (see pricing details). The session usually takes 2-3 hours, depending on the mood and cooperation of the baby. The final gallery usually contains 40-50 of the best edited images from the session.
For both sessions I require a 25% deposit to hold your session time. The remaining 75% is due at the time of the session. Cash, check to eMarie Photography, or credit card are acceptable forms of payment. If you know you would like to pay with a credit card, I am happy to send you an invoice before the session, so that it can be paid prior to the session.
I usually do a sneak peek on social media (*the sneak peek can be kept private, if preferred) within 48 hours of the session, and final galleries are delivered within 4 weeks of the session.