The best time to do a newborn session is in the first 10 days of your baby being born. I know it’s hard to want to do anything other than just survive that first week, but I promise, you will not regret it! Contact me a few months before you are due to save your due date into my calendar.
- If you are a scheduled C-section or induction, we can just go ahead and schedule the session.
- If baby is in charge of when he/she makes her arrival, then I save a couple session options the week of your due date. You then let me know as soon as your babe is born, and we can get the session scheduled ! Easy as that!
My newborn sessions (either in-home or studio, see more on the differences below) include:
- an array of poses of just baby (including detail shots of feet/hands/eyelashes etc)
- baby with any siblings
- baby with both parents together
- the whole family, if applicable
- baby with each parent separately.
In-home sessions can include the addition of several lifestyle images (see pricing details). The session usually takes 3+ hours, depending on the mood and cooperation of the baby. The idea of this session type is to visit you in your own home and context and capture you and your family with your newborn in a variety of settings and poses more in line with your normal lifestyle, along with the traditional newborn poses. This can include images of things like you breastfeeding baby, baby in the nursery room, baby in bassinet in your Master Suite, etc. The final gallery usually contains 40-50 of the best edited images from the session.
For all sessions I require a 25% deposit to hold your session time. The remaining 75% is due at the time of the session. Cash, check to eMarie Photography, or credit card are acceptable forms of payment. If you know you would like to pay with a credit card, I am happy to send you an invoice before the session, so that it can be paid prior to the session.
I usually do a sneak peek on social media (*the sneak peek can be kept private, if preferred) within 48 hours of the session, and final galleries are delivered within 4 weeks of the session.